Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!

The second Monday in October is Canadian Thanksgiving. This has always felt like the start of the "Holiday Season" for me. Moving to the States I quickly found that Halloween was the start of the season for Americans, so I quickly re-educated my beloved and his family! :)

Tonight we had our 'feast'...ham, mashed potatoes, corn, yams (with cinnamon,brown sugar and butter!),cranberries, rolls and dessert. I made two desserts this year. Apple crisp and Chocolate mousse in chocolate cups...yummo! I also found little foil wrapped chocolate turkeys at World Market (my FAVORITE store!) and so we had those beside our place cards (yes, I make place cards each year). The kids love being 'half Canadian/half American' as they say, and so this holiday, while MUCH more low key than American Thanksgiving, has become a part of our blended family tradition. Blended in that we have two merging families of children as well as two countries.

So to all my family and friends...Happy Canadian Thanksgiving..I hope you all have much to be thankful for....as much as I do!

Hugs
Jaye

No comments: