Monday, December 15, 2008

Award Winning Recipe

So last summer, Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls was having a contest called "Taste of Summer". They wanted a recipe that somehow incorporated one of their products and had less than five ingredients. So I submitted a recipe that I often use at Halloween (ok ok..not SUMMERY..but hey..I won..bite me!) mainly for it's simplicity and it's ability to stay warm etc throughout the night so as the trick or treaters in my house come straggling in they can grab a warm bite to eat! I received a letter in the mail today congratulating me on my win! I won first prize (not to be confused with the GRAND prize..a trip for four to Hawaii!) which was a $200 Visa gift card! YAY for me!

So here is the winning recipe...not GRAND prize winning...but first runner up winning! Hey...a win is a win right?

1 frozen pork roast
1 package lipton onion soup mix
1/2 bottle liquid smoke
1 pkg Kings Hawaiian Sweet rolls
1 bottle bbq sauce

Put FROZEN pork roast into crock pot. Sprinkle onion soup mix and liquid smoke over roast. Let cook all day. When ready to eat, pull pork roast apart and put a bunch of it on a roll...add warmed up bbq sauce....
and that's it!

Hugs to all,
Jaye

2 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

That seems easy enough. Not even I could screw that one up...right? Congratulations!

Unknown said...

This is an 'unscrewupable' recipe! :)