Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Tree is up!

The tree is up! This past weekend we went to Huberts Tree Farm...our favourite tree farm in the area...they keep the grounds clear of prickler bushes and vines...the land is easy to traverse and their whole operation is just......nice. You can go and pick your tree...cut it down...go and have apple cider or hot chocolate in the gazebo overlooking their whole spread and just enjoy your time there. They have little signs all over, and this was my favourite! They had to explain that the air you were breathing was GOOD CLEAN AIR! hahaha....





Here is just a very very small portion of their land. You can see how nice they keep the whole place. It's been in their family for generations.



Ben found 'The Tree' this year! He did a really good job too! Over the years I think I've drummed it into them 'no holes, we don't want it lopsided, we want lots of branches'...I AM picky about our tree so when my 7 year old finds the perfect tree, I know I have done my job! His wife and children will thank me! :)





So I had to pose with the kids and the tree too!










Of course Mark gets the honor of chopping it down..the rest of us have no interest in laying on the cold ground in the dirt!





Although once it is down, the kids like to take the glory!





And it's up to me to get it situated on top of the van! Ta DA!







And of course I have an opinion about how it should be tied on there too!





Because when I let Mark take over, THIS is what happens! He tied the two front doors shut! hahaha....





It didn't look this big out in the field!!!





But it sure looks nice once it's all decorated!





Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Hugs
Jaye

2 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

What a beautiful tree! But PLEASE tell me those are not REAL Christmas presents. Seriously? You're already done? I haven't even started yet!

Unknown said...

Yup...real presents...I started my shopping in August...and was done by the beginning of November! :)
I wrap things as I get them as I do NOT enjoy having to wrap a million things a few days before the holidays!
I tell you, Christmas is MY holiday! lolol...I LOVE LOVE LOVE it...