Friday, November 28, 2008

Gobble Gobble

The Big Feast is over and we are now left with the remains of a 28 pound turkey. I am wondering how many different ways I can serve it! Our meal yesterday was fabulous, if I do say so myself! As usual, Mark did the turkey on the grill as he has done for the past ten years. It turned out WONDERFUL as you can see, and yes, it tasted as good as it looks!

Accompanying this wonderful bird were sugared baby carrots, cinnamon yams, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, fresh cranberry sauce (yes, I made it but not from cranberries we got at the bogs...although I WAS hoping to be able to do that!), homemade stuffing ( I had to laugh our first Thanksgiving when I asked Mark what kind of stuffing he liked and he said "Stovetop". What I MEANT was oyster? Mushroom? Walnut? lol...He's come a long way!)...followed by pumpkin pie, Gramma Ruths famous Coconut cream pie and chocolate mousse in chocolate cups! It was truly a feast...shared with our little family and one of the single sailors from Marks command.. After we feasted and feasted, we sat around and played the card game "Phase Ten" and attempted to figure out our new Tivo! It is awesome....although I can see the kids have grasped how to use it light years ahead of me! haha...

So now it's off to get our Christmas Tree! YAY!!!!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!
Hugs
Jaye

No comments: